Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Channing Crowder Calls It Quits

After being released last Friday by the Miami Dolphins, Channing Crowder has decided to retire from the game. At 27, the NFL loses not only a great talent at linebacker but one of the wildest personalities to ever strap on shoulder pads.
Here are just a few of the hilarious quotes provided by Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post:



About the accusation that he may have sold his jerseys while at University of Florida: "I'll say hypothetically I don't have any more of my Florida jerseys. There were some Jacksonville businessmen that really hypothetically liked my play."



On John Brantley, QB for the Florida Gators and successor to ‘Baby Jesus’ a.k.a. Tim Tebow: “They don't have an identity. They don't know what - John Brantley don't know what he wants to do. He can't outrun anybody. I saw him get run down by a white linebacker last week, which was a disgrace to all Florida football history."



On a blown call that resulted in an illegal hit on his QB, Chad Henne: "Stevie Wonder and Anne Frank. Who's the blind girl? Helen Keller, then. I don't know who Anne Frank is. I'm mad right now. I'm not as swift as I usually am."



Now I think it’s pretty obviously that Crowder may not have been the brightest or the most, let’s say, politically correct. But there is one thing that you can’t deny him, the kid could play ball. Drafted in 2005, Crowder recorded nearly 470 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 interception, and 3 forced fumbles in his 6 seasons as a Dolphin. And while no one is expecting him to pull a Brett Favre (and no, I’m not talking about sexting some Jets reporter) he did go in for a physical with the Patriots. I’m not saying he’ll play but I’m certainly not saying he won’t. But my guess is if someone outside of South Beach writes a big enough check we’ll be lucky enough to catch a few more of those post-game press conferences.





-X

No comments:

Post a Comment